Health and Wellbeing service
The Health and Wellbeing service, includes Catriona Keane, Head of Student Wellbeing, who is also a counsellor. Catriona is available for intake assessment, wellbeing appointments, advice, and support appointments.
We have a college Nurse, Taryn Rothwell who has a clinic in College during term time. Taryn is available to help with minor illnesses and injuries. If more specialised help or treatment is required, she will help refer you or point you in the right direction whether via your GP, the University Counselling Service or other local service.
Both Catriona and Taryn work closely with the wider College Welfare Team which consists of the Senior Tutor, the Tutors, the Tutorial Office Staff, the College Chaplain, and the Head Porter to ensure that a full programme of wellbeing support is available for students in College, and to advise and arrange any appropriate medical referrals.
Health and Wellbeing Appointment
Brief meeting to check in with Nurse/Head of Wellbeing
Initial Intake Assessments
Initial intake assessment/appointments to triage individual needs, discuss mental health and counselling options and agree a plan moving forward
Appointments for mental health advice, support or just a listening ear for all manner of emotional, personal, or mental health concerns
Advice and Support
Shorter appointment for general advice and support (not Physical health)
Physical Health Appointments
Appointments for assessment, advice, and support in relation to physical health concerns, minor injuries and illnesses
How do I make an appointment to the Health and Wellbeing service?
- Fill in the following form and include a couple of times and days that you are available; an appointment will be scheduled based on your availability.
- You can also e-mail directly email@example.com
- You can be referred by your GP, Tutor, other Health care practitioner and they can contact the service via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- We aim to respond within 1-2 working days, with a view to offering you an initial assessment within 5 working days
- Our hours are 09:00-17.00, Monday to Friday
- Nurse (Monday 09:00-13:30, Wednesday 09:00-13:00, Friday 12:00-17:30)
- We can meet in person or online via Zoom
- We are based in Benson Court, F1 & F2, Magdalene College
Formal Assessment and treatment of any illness or mental health concern
Medical letters (e.g for exam allowances)
ACCESSING SEXUAL HEALTH SUPPLIES
Both the JCR Welfare Officers have sexual health supplies, just drop us an email at email@example.com message us on Facebook or ask us if you see us around college.
Telephone: 01223 508805
Information, advice and counselling on HIV and AIDS, safer sex and HIV test, plus a range of other services.
Telephone: 0300 300 3030
Integrated contraception and sexual health services for Cambridgeshire, with information and support services relating to contraception, STI screening and HIV testing/support.